Personalize the mask template by adding your own choice of colors to the design, or photocopy it onto brightly colored cardstock. The top of the mask is embellished with a floral headband in the style of La Catrina, but these can be omitted for a simple skull
I am a participant in the Blick Art Materials Affiliate Team designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to DickBlick.com.
- Thin white or colored cardstock
- Cardstock in orange, yellow, hot pink Green paper
- Orange ribbon
- Craft knife and craft mat
- Markers or colored pencils
- Fine detail scissors
- White glue or double-sided tape
- Hot glue gun
- Print the mask template onto thin white or colored cardstock. Cut out the eye sockets with a craft knife, and then cut around the outline. Add color to the details, as preferred.
- Fix the tabs with glue or double sided tape to add shape to the mask. Attach lengths of ribbon at either side to tie around your head.
- Print the flower template onto yellow cardstock (at 120%), orange cardstock (120%), and pink cardstock (100%) and cut out with scissors.
- Roll up each flower from the outside edge into the center, and use the hot glue gun to seal the end down at the flower base.
- From the green paper, cut two pieces 4 x 6 in. (10 x 15 cm) and one piece 6 x 8 1/2 in. (15 x 21 cm).
- Take one piece and fold in half. With the crease at the top, cut from the bottom-right corner to the top left. Open it out, and you should have a triangle with a fold in the middle.
- Start making pleats from one corner into the center, and continue. past the fold to the other corner. Glue the bottom corners together and once dry, pull out the pleats a little to shape the leaf. Repeat for the other leaves.
- Attach the leaves and flowers to the mask with the hot glue gun in an arrangement of your choice.